Attrition through enforcement
“Attrition through enforcement” is a recipe offered by US restrictionists for reducing the number of unauthorized immigrants (aka illegals, see also legal versus illegal) on US soil. The term “self-deportation” has also been used to describe this strategy for getting rid of unauthorized immigrants. It is offered as a realistic (and relatively humane) alternative to mass deportations, which are considered unrealistic.
Descriptions of attrition through enforcement on restrictionist websites
- Attrition Through Enforcement page on the website of NumbersUSA.
- Attrition Through Enforcement (an article/paper) by Jessica M. Vaughan on the website of the Center for Immigration Studies.
- How To Reclaim America: Attrition Through Enforcement—And Strategic Deportation by Patrick Cleburne for the VDARE website.
Responses from pro-immigration forces and non-restrictionists
- Discrediting “Self Deportation” as Immigration Policy: Why an Attrition through Enforcement Strategy Makes Life Difficult for Everyone by Michele Waslin for the Immigration Policy Center website.
- The Myth of Self-Deportation