This is part of a series of weekly posts with the most interesting content from the Open Borders Action Group on Facebook. Do join the group to weigh in on existing discussions or start your own (you might want to read this post before joining).
Thought-provoking general questions or general observations
- What are some causes other than open borders where diverse moral views support the cause? by Tiago Santos. 2 likes, 3 comments.
- If you had the power to change one immigration regime in the world to open borders (with suitable keyhole solutions) what would you pick? by Chris Hendrix. 2 likes, 8 comments.
- Bleg for evidence on border patrol abuse and for whether highlighting such abuse would be a good way to win converts to open borders by Ryan P. Long. 1 like, 4 comments.
- Bleg for thoughts on the argument that rich countries have an obligation to let in some immigrants from poor countries but not to open their borders by Vipul Naik. 3 likes, 3 comments.
- Is it better to focus on the rights violations to citizens imposed by immigration restrictions when discussing open borders with a conservative? by Bryan Hayek. 1 like, 3 comments.
Discussions of specific historical and current situations
- Thoughts on the diversity immigrant visa program in the United States by Vipul Naik. 1 like, 4 comments.
- Have US deportations actually dropped? by Fabio Rojas, linking to Court Deportations Drop 43 Percent in Past Five Years by Julia Preston, New York Times, April 16, 2014. 1 like, 6 comments.
Outreach and meta
- How much importance should be given to emphasizing the universal nature of the case for open borders when asked if one supports a particular country having open borders? by Vipul Naik. 2 likes, 7 comments.
- Post about a debate on open borders at Reason’s DC headquarters, April 22, 6 PM (reach by 5:45 PM). 4 likes, 3 comments.
- Suggestions for a banner photo to use for Open Borders Action Group by Vipul Naik. 0 likes, 2 comments.