The Open Borders Conference is an annual conference fiscally sponsored by the Free Migration Project. The conference was conducted in person in 2018 and 2019 and virtually in 2020 and 2021. Links to conference programs and commentary are below.
Disclaimer on relationship with Open Borders: The Case (openborders.info): There is no formal relationship between the openborders.info website and the Open Borders Conference. However, there are several network connections:
- Two of the conference organizers, David Bennion and Fabio Rojas, have been guest bloggers on openborders.info.
- Several openborders.info regular and guest bloggers have participated in the conference in various years, including Paul Crider and Michelangelo Landgrave in 2021.
- Two openborders.info bloggers, Vipul Naik and John Lee, have served on the board of the Free Migration Project, which sponsors the Open Borders Conference.
Dave Bennion (who was at the time the only full-time employee at FMP) co-organized Open Borders Conferences in 2016 and 2017. The 2016 conference was help at University of Pennsylvania (UPenn), co-organized by Alexander Funcke, and funded by the Institute for Humane Studies. There doesn’t appear to be a conference program or video online.
The conference was held on October 20, 2018 in-person at George Mason University Law School, Arlington campus, Virginia. Video for the conference does not seem to be available.
- 2018 Open Borders Conference main page.
- the open borders conference – 2018 by Fabio Rojas, a co-organizer of the conference.
The conference was held on October 19, 2019 in-person at The New School, Arnhold Hall, 55 West 13th Street, New York, NY 10011. Video for the conference does not seem to be available.