Here’s our Tuesday link roundup. See here for all link roundups. As usual, linking does not imply endorsement.
Follow us on Twitter for a steady stream of links and discussion.
Research and in-depth analysis and discussion
- United States and Mexico: AJAM Presents: Borderland, a forthcoming series on Al Jazeera America (AJAM) where six people follow in the footsteps of three people who died trying to cross the Mexico-US border.
- United Kingdom: Migrants’ Rights Network: Brokenshire vs. Cable – Is immigration good or bad for the economy? by Don Flynn, Migrant Tales.
- United States: The Legal Argument for Expanding Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) by DRM Action Coalition, September 27, 2013.
- India and Nepal: Nepal-India Open Border: Prospects, Problems and Challenges by Vidya Bir Singh Kansakar, Ph.D., Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu, based on papers presented in 2001.
Migration in the news
- United States: Immigration detainees continue hunger strike by Associated Press, March 9, 2014 (link to Washington Post version).
- United States: Right-left immigration alliance fraying by Seung Min Kim, Politico, March 10, 2014.
- Australia and Papua New Guinea: Report from Manus Island Detention Centre by xborderoperationalmatters.wordpress.com, March 10, 2014.
- Australia: Data breach: asylum seeker claims she was told to sign waiver: Woman says immigration officers threatened to ‘force me on to the plane’ if she refused to sign papers by Paul Farrell, The Guardian, March 10, 2014.
- India and Nepal: Locals suffer due to crackdown on Indo-Nepal cross-border trade, The Hindu, December 7, 2013.