On April 22, 2014, Reason TV held a debate in Washington D.C. with the title “Should America Open Its Borders?” George Mason University economist Bryan Caplan and Cato Institute policy analyst Alex Nowrasteh argued yes, and Center for Immigration Studies director Mark Krikorian answered no.
Below are some articles discussing the debate.
Announcements prior to the debate
- Don’t Miss Our Debate on Open Borders at Reason’s DC HQ on Tuesday, 4/22 at 6 P.M.! by Matthew Feeney, Reason Hit and Run blog, April 17, 2014.
- Tuesday Immigration Debate by Bryan Caplan, EconLog, April 19, 2014.
Pages with video of the debate
- Should America Open Its Borders? Reason Presents a Debate on Immigration, post with video of the debate, by Joshua Swain, Reason TV, May 11, 2014. It was also referenced in a blog post.
- Alex Nowrasteh discusses what open borders would mean to wages, unemployment, and the labor market in America on Reason TV by the Cato Institute, May 11, 2014.
Discussions after the debate
- America Should Open Its Borders: My Opening Statement for the Reason Immigration Debate by Bryan Caplan, EconLog, April 23, 2014.
- Talking to Mark Krikorian by Bryan Caplan, EconLog, April 24, 2014.
- Thoughts on Krikorian by David Henderson, EconLog, May 12, 2014.
- Debating Open Borders at Reason by Mark Krikorian, The Corner (National Review), May 15, 2014.
- Talking More to Mark Krikorian by Bryan Caplan, EconLog, May 23, 2014.
- Economism and Immigration by Bryan Caplan, EconLog, May 26, 2014.