Here’s our weekly installment of links from around the web (see here for all link roundups). As usual, linking does not imply endorsement.
- A Special Path To Citizenship Is Not Necessary by Matthew Kolken, Fox News Latino, February 4, 2014.
- Behind the Numbers, a report from the International Organization for Migration (IOM), December 17, 2013, that attempts to estimate the number of deaths experienced by migrants while trying to cross borders.
- Israel’s Asylum Seekers by Natasha Roth, London Review of Books blog, February 3, 2014.
- It’s Time to Learn More about How Poor Families Use Migration by Michael Clemens, Center for Global Development blog, January 27, 2014.
- Robots Undercut the Case for More Immigrants: With technology destroying jobs for humans, adding tens of millions of new immigrants to America will only deepen inequality and poverty. by David Frum, February 4, 2014.
- See also Nathan Smith’s blog post Robots or Immigrants?
- Barack Obama, deporter-in-chief, The Economist, February 8, 2014.
- Do Most of Us Favor or Oppose Immigration?, by Hanspeter Wyss, People Move (World Bank), February 4, 2014.
- FERDI conference on “International Labor Mobility and Inequality Across Nations”, by Çağlar Özden, People Move (World Bank), February 6, 2014.