This is part of a series of weekly posts with the most interesting content from the Open Borders Action Group on Facebook. Do join the group to weigh in on existing discussions or start your own (you might want to read this post before joining).
General points related to migration and opinion about migration
- Post by Grieve Chelwa, September 9, 2014, linking to Daily chart: how long to be a millionaire in The Economist, February 11, 2013. 3 likes.
- Post by Grieve Chelwa, September 8, 2014, linking to a forthcoming essay by George Borjas titled Immigration and Globalization: A Review Essay in the Review of Economic Literature, 2015. The post also links to an ungated version of the same essay. 7 likes, 13 comments.
- Post by Anna Krupitsky, September 11, 2014, linking to Reading ‘Harry Potter’ Makes You A Better Person, Research Shows by Drake Baer, Business Insider, September 11, 2014. 4 likes, 1 comment.
Specific current and historical situations
- Post by John Lee, September 8, 2014, linking to The Handcuffing of Sheriff Joe. He was the country’s self-appointed immigration officer. Then the law started to catch up with him. by Terry Greene Sterling, National Journal, August 2, 2014. 3 likes.
- Post by Vipul Naik, September 7, 2014, linking to U.S. Announces What May Be the World’s Tiniest Re-Amnesty for 20 Aliens by David North, Center for Immigration Studies, September 3, 2014. 1 like.
- Post by Michelangelo Landgrave, September 12, 2014, linking to This London Suburb Has More North Korean Defectors Than Anywhere Else in Europe by Roxy Rezvany, Vice, September 11, 2014. 2 likes, 1 comment. See also the Open Borders blog post Helping North Korean refugees: an evaluation.
- Post by Grieve Chelwa, September 13, 2014, linking to Immigration looms large in Sweden, YouTube video by Financial Times, September 11, 2014. 2 likes.
- Post by Ryan P. Long, September 12, 2014, linking to One Family’s Story: How And Why 5 Kids Fled El Salvador And Illegally Crossed Into The U.S. by Elizabeth Llorente and Bryan Llenas, Fox News Latino, September 11, 2014. 7 likes, 2 comments.
- Post by Peter Hurford, September 13, 2014, linking to France sends emigrants to more countries than anyone else by Dara Lind, Vox, September 12, 2014. 1 like.
- Post by Sebastian Nickel, September 13, 2014, linking to Cuba’s First Year of Immigration Reform: 180000 People Leave The Country … And Come Back by Patricia Rey Mallén, International Business Times, January 14, 2014. 3 likes.
- Post by John Strong, September 13, 2014, about a debate he was having with restrictionists about immigrant welfare use. 14 comments.
- Post by Tiago Santos, September 13, 2014, linking to The case for open borders by Dylan Matthews, Vox, September 13, 2014. 21 likes, 2 comments. The piece includes an interview of Bryan Caplan as well as a summary of the main points made in the interview. There is also a shoutout to the openborders.info website and team. See also our external coverage page.