The Red Card Solution is a guest worker program proposal developed by the Krieble Foundation for the United States. The Krieble Foundation is led by the pro-free market Helen Krieble. This is an excellent example of a keyhole solution and an incremental, moderate step toward open borders.
Newt Gingrich, while running for the Republican nomination to the 2012 US Presidential election, endorsed this proposal.
- Red Card Solution website
- Krieble Foundation website
- Wikipedia page about the Krieble Foundation and Red Card Solution
- Iowa Compact: A Way Forward by Alex Nowrasteh, Huffington Post, December 16, 2011, mentioned and praised the Red Card scheme.
- Gingrich’s Plan on Immigration: Hardly Humane by the (generally pro-immigration) Immigration Policy Center, December 2, 2011, opposed this proposal for a mix of reasons, including territorialism and local inequality aversion.
- Gingrich Shows ‘Compassion’ for Illegal Aliens He Helped Stay Rooted in U.S. by Roy Beck on the anti-immigration NumbersUSA website, November 23, 2011, opposing the proposal.
- America’s immigration opportunity by Derrick Morgan and Stephen Moore, May 7, 2014, Heritage Foundation website. Also discussed in an Open Borders Action Group post by Michelangelo Landgrave.